NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Active Members/Users
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:36 pm 
Learner

Hey all,

Just wondering how many active members we have?
I wish the forum was more busy as there must be plenty of people using WoN products?

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Active Members/Users
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:50 pm 
Wizard

I think people join the forum to do their own research regarding nitrous in a general sense. A lot of generic nitrous kit users will join, but then realize that this is a mainly WoN forum. Also, they don't come back because they think it's just a bunch of fanboys here or just some form of advertising for WoN. Most people tend to stay on forums based on their vehicle type anyway.

Just my opinion based on other forum tidbits I found when searching WoN stuff online.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:47 pm 
Wizard

BagPuss wrote:
Hey all,

Just wondering how many active members we have?
I wish the forum was more busy as there must be plenty of people using WoN products?

hi
when you posted this it reminded me to look up when i joined as it was thriving with lots of new and old members who were so helpful, the banter was great too :) i can't believe i joined 10 years ago :shock: i didn't know a thing about nitrous back then, had initial teething problems but from myself not the system, since then haven't needed to do anything but enjoy
so i am thinking the system is so reliable that could be the reason members fade away once initial knowledge is gained :beatstick:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:08 am 
Learner

I'm on a few forums but they are because I have a particular interest in the thing itself, whether it be the Scirocco, Mondeo ST, Shed Pulling (Caravans), DevilsOwn Methanol Injection and of course WoN to name but a few.

So it's nice to keep active on the ones I enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:47 am 
Wizard

This is the only forum I keep active on, every other forum on the web is full of dumb asses with very few actually smart members.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:48 pm 
Learner

Turbobox wrote:
This is the only forum I keep active on, every other forum on the web is full of dumb asses with very few actually smart members.

Yeah I know the feeling, fortunately the forums I belong to, are pretty much the same as here, due to Facebook making it easier to create groups etc, so Forums are becoming a thing of the past.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:57 pm 
Wizard

BagPuss wrote:
Turbobox wrote:

Yeah I know the feeling, fortunately the forums I belong to, are pretty much the same as here, due to Facebook making it easier to create groups etc, so Forums are becoming a thing of the past.

funny you say about facebook i joined the focus st 170 club and at first it was good and very helpful,then it was front end monday side view thursday, any excuse for a pic
when i asked someone was a particular conversation a wind up ...because this member of several cars and been on the club for a while didn't know what a orange glow eml light was,he said to me "we can't all be experts" :shock: i left :D

Last edited by teddybare on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:50 pm 
Learner

Unfortunately that's just Facebook for you, I've lost count of all the Mondeo ST Groups etc there are now, yet our (MondeoSTOC) has been going since before Facebook, but because of it, the numbers have declined rapidily. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:17 pm 
Learner

I havent got nitrous on my car anymore, but still check in every now and again to read the posts :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

In addition to the correct comments posted above (especially those from Alex), I have the following comments to make on this subject;

1) Even the smarter of the dumbass guys with generic kits, come here to 'steal' key snippets of knowledge, that they then employ to improve the results, from the JUNK they are using. A substantial number of people have told me they did that, before either upgrading to Pulsoids or if they are really smart, to a full system.

2) One of the main reasons we don't have more activity, is because from the outset, I made it clear, that I wouldn't tolerate posts, that were factually incorrect, offensive to ANYONE or just general bullshit. Since most people make posts that fall in to one or more of those categories, that thinned out the potential participants preventing any growth of that kind.

3) Unlike other nitrous companies and other forums, I've put a great deal of effort into sharing my FACTUAL knowledge, with all my customers from the outset, so most people don't need to seek further assistance. In contrast, as everyone else is talking bullshit and misleading people, that results in more people participating on forums seeking advice to resolve the issues that causes, which leads to even more bullshit being posted and hence a busy forum.

I'd also like to say, that although I'm glad that I don't seem to be needed on my forum (as I don't have much time for it now), it saddens me that there are so many people out there, who are suffering as a consequence of all the BULLSHIT circulated by the IDIOTS in the world, rather than consulting me and benefitting as a consequence.

Final point, I'd like to thank (again), all those that have purchased my products and/or participated on my forum (especially Alex) and helped to spread the WON word. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:21 pm 
Wizard

:cheers: