NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: cyber this and virtual that......
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:18 pm 
Learner

Technology moves forward faster and faster....(advent of the internet and all that)

I love it all (including this forum)......

BUT......

Meeting face to face and talking with the real person (even if its only
once!) gives you the whole personnallity...and you cant beat this IMO no mater what the technology

It was nice to meet you guys at york earlier today, and I would have liked to meet more of the forum goers too....maybe next time eh?

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:53 am 
Learner

Probably one of the most interesting threads I've read on any forum...
Can we revive this please? or is everyone drained out!? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for that guys and you're right WISC, it's much better to meet people face to face than over this very impersonal media but without it we probably would never have met at all, so we have to take the disadvantages with the advantages and the same applies to most aspects of life.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:05 am 
Learner

-you parents brought you to and through your life. They only want the best for you. even if you think they want to huff you. They´ll nerver stop loving and supporting you for there hole life. Don´t waste the chance to help them and tell them that you love them too! You´ll nerver know when they go

-the thought of death is cheating you and let you forget the life

-nerver forget where you come from

-don´t try to be someone else. that is the miracle of personality

-the real life happens around the tv or pc

-your body carries you through you hole life. take care of him

Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:09 am 
Site Admin

Thomas,

Very good sentiments about your parents. :)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:22 am 
Site Admin

Janet stumbled on these words of wisdom from Mother Theresa and sent them to me as she could see the relevance of them to my life.

Now I'm not big on religion but I am BIG on truth & goodness and I found these words of wisdom to be very true.

Words of wisdom:
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
- Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you’ll win some false friends and true enemies.
- Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
- Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight.
- Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
- Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
- Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
- Give it anyway.

After reading the above I was inspired to form my own version which are even more appropriate to my life;

Trev's words of wisdom;
Ignore the false accusations of those who fail to appreciate your good intentions and always do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Success will always attract false friends and enemies despite your best efforts to the contrary. Be guarded against such people but don't let them influence the way you live your life.

No matter how honest and frank you are with some people, they will not accept your word and whilst others may be unhappy with your honesty and frankness, truth and honesty is always the best option.

There will be those who wish to destroy that which you have laboured long and hard to create, through jealousy and avarice. Rather than be overcome by their efforts, let it inspire you to work even harder to strengthen your creation against future attacks.

A mans achievements of any kind (business, pleasure and personal) instil jealousy in those who fail to emulate those achievements. Be aware that such factors influence the way others think, when you need to judge their words or their actions.

Being good is not about what other people think about you after the deed, it's about what you think about yourself. Being good and being able to help others should be considered a privilege, because you are lucky enough not to be in their position. Being good and helping others should be driven by our own personal satisfaction and not for any glorification from others.

It's very easy to go along with the crowd, living a life of mediocrity but it takes a man of great strength to stand up against the masses and raise the bar to another level.

I hope one or other or even both will be of benefit to someone. :)

I think I might study philosophy now. :mrgreen:

Best wishes

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:33 am 
Wizard

Amen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:51 pm 
Wizard

This have always been by favor Thread.
Nice saying Trev and Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:20 am 
Site Admin

Hey Rito, how are you doing??????

Can you respond on another thread to avoid this one going off topic but I'd really be interested in what the game plan is now and pleased to see you're still out there. 8)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:24 pm 
Wizard

ive only ever seen the parental split up from the childs perpective from this i know, all i child needs from both its parents is to know they are loved no matter where their parents live or how often they see them.

its ok to give up a while and surrender to save your sanity

a friend who only rings when they need a favour isnt a friend

if you think the world would be better being run by women, remember margret thatcher :)

this one comes from a mate off another forum, after i ignored all the "experts" and used a plastic pipe as a boost controller. i couldnt understand why the so called experts refused to believe it was possible when it worked. why cant they just admit their wrong i asked? well your a cow (due to nickname), and their sheep. "cows lead and sheep follow" :lol:

one of my fave quotes and really simplifies it all into 4 words.
from the brains of bill and ted, be excelant to everyone............ dudes :D

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:25 am 
Site Admin

Noswizard wrote:
Brett,

I'm already in trouble with Janet for starting this thread, so I'm not going to get into that subject, that's for sure. :omgrofl: :omgrofl: :omgrofl:

All I will say, is that I've had my share of related matters and I could write a book on that subject alone. ;)

While we're back on the subject of women, an ex-girlfriends Mum once told me, that "we men should choose a woman like we'd choose a car" and then added that "we should do the test drive with with our brains not our dicks". That just shows how little women understand men, if they think that's even remotely possible. :omgrofl: :omgrofl:
My life would have been much easier if I'd taken her advice sooner. :(

Ed,

All very true - my Granddad who had been in business for many years told me "You have no 'real' friends when you're in business" and for many years that proved to be right for the reasons you've mentioned. However the trick is NOT to let such 'friends' influence your decisions and never take anything from anyone without paying for it.
If you accept a favour, then some people use that to get bigger and frequent favours in return, by paying for everything you avoid this situation.
If you don't allow people to make you treat them in a 'special' manner they can't take advantage of you.

Rich,

Very true, life is too short and shorter than you think when you're young. Once you get to a certain age, you're still alive but everything starts to go downhill, so as the saying goes "enjoy it while you can".

Here's another gem, "you only really appreciate something/someone when it/they've gone", so make the effort to appreciate the people in your life while you have the chance and don't live to regret that you didn't.

Death can come at any time, so "don't put off till tomorrow what you could do today" - just thought I'd slip in another pearl of wisdom. :)

Good work guys but I'm sure there's MUCH MORE to come, we' haven't even got a full page for the book yet, unless I use large text or small pages. :lol:

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: Education for life - next book title
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:08 am 
Learner

Remember that family is everything.

Even when you have spats.

Without family we are nothing.

And all too soon we loose our parents, and, for many, it's only then that we realise just how important they are.

Never take family for granted!

14.001 @ 101.08 mph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:48 am 
Wizard

How true Debs , ya dont see some times , i stoped being with my kids 24/7 3 years ago and pain is still as real as if it was yesterday , i could have kept kids and eased my pain yet as a parent i could not be that selfish , but every time i see them its like xmas yet every time they leave it like a funeral , but it reminds me just what is important in this life we live that those we bring into this world are happy and loved

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:50 am 
Site Admin

Couldn't agree more Debs.

There's only one thing worse than your situation Tezz and that's when you give up seeing your child to save them the pain and confusion, in the hope they'll understand & appreciate your sacrafice when they are older, only to discover they don't and that they don't want anything to do with you!!! :(

Keep hold of what you can, even if it causes some pain on both sides now.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:41 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:

There's only one thing worse than your situation Tezz and that's when you give up seeing your child to save them the pain and confusion, in the hope they'll understand & appreciate your sacrafice when they are older, only to discover they don't and that they don't want anything to do with you!!! :(

dont think i could be that strong :( :( , i was lucky i guess as it was so extrem would have distroyed us all , i stoped it all on 1 condition the choice was taken and always will be in the hands of my kids and they never !!! know why just mummy and daddy are plonkers, which then means us fucked up adults can never use kids, they get 2 parents and funny as it seams kids teach us to be parents , and yes we both are learning, works well for kids and they are loved and happy, not worked so well for me on pain front but thats just a drop in the ocen compared to kids happiness , and ex also has her crosses to bear

some times you have to look above the pain not an easy path that one

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm 
Wizard

hey tezz and trev, i dont know your pain and hopefully i never will
i didnt know i could feel like i do about my nipper
in just under 4months im a changed man, i would have never believed that you can love a small smelly poo machine like we do

to tezz, when my uncle found out his wife was doing the dirty and she lied to the police that he was beating her he thought he`d never see his 2boys again
he told me he just wanted to suck on his cars exhaust
i gave him a bollocking, how can you ever be there for your boys if your dead?
he had 4years of shite, but he saw his kids even though his ex gave him crap everytime he picked them up
she lied all the way through the divorce and in the end he had to use most of 1/4 of his house he got back to pay for solicitors
but........ now 8years later he lives in spain, gets his kids with him in spain for 3months of the year

my mom who was adopted as a baby, has waited till shes 66 before trying to find her biological parents
in two months shes found who her mom and dad were and where they lived, loads of details on her moms relatives and even sisters

i thought id hate my dad forever, but you cant hate someone forever without chewing up your own insides
sooner or later its no longer worth your sanity, in my case it took the birth of my baby sam

wheres theres life theres hope :) it aint ever too late, until your dead and that one lasts a looooooooooooooooooong time :rofl:

sorry to have gone on for tooooooo long :lol: rant over.......mebbe ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:59 pm 
Wizard

Mr moo , glad you happy and have seen the light , but as you/and eveyone grows life can become less simple and a bitch , but so long as ya always take a step back and rember how you feel now about kid/kids it makes some hard decisions easier , but some times not less painful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Janet found this little gem today and I thought I'd share it with you all;

A man found the cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared, he sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole.

Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had got as far as it could and it could go no farther.

Then the man decided to help the butterfly, so he took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small shrivelled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time.

Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shrivelled wings.

It was never able to fly.

What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand, was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening, were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings, so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If God allowed us to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us.

We would not be as strong as we could have been.

And we could never fly.

Extremely thought provoking!!!!

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:14 pm 
Learner

so true; my friend, whom I've just got back from visiting, has never had to struggle and doesn't even NEARLY realise how easy his life is and how good he's got it. And I don't know anyone who moans quite so much about how hard his life is.

Here's one for you, back in the mid ninetys I had one of those revalations (on the loo of course!). I spent a couple of years trying to explain it to others, but in the end gave up. Basically it's the meaning of life, and the reason why you should treat each other how you'd like to be treated yourself. It's also quite scary (if you get it - which would be a first!) yet should remove completely any fear of death...

Here's the short version:

Everyone thinks of himself or herself as 'Me'. This word means the same to one person as it does to the next. We are therefore all the same in our act of 'being', and were we to be someone else, we'd never know it. Understanding (and believing) this concept is vital. Evolving that thought some more and the 'Me' you know could be anyone, anywhere, in any time. When you finally realise this simple point without confusing yourself with who YOU are, you will see what I mean and understand the meaning of life!

:wtf??: :wtf??:

and as for women:

Just remember they're just people, bumbling along in an as uncoordinated manner as blokes do! (though they might not admit it! ;) LOL!).

...And relationships will only work if both sides get something they need from the other side. A bit cold, but true I think.

no one is ever "out of your league". If you're genuine, open, and most of all confident (without being an arse!) you're in with as much of a chance as the next tosser.

If they don't fancy you today, it doesn't mean they won't fancy you next month ;)

you're both human, you both need your own space on occasion.

beer is good - but be on your guard as it makes you say things you really don't mean in a way that is really convincing...

and one for every aspect of life:

never take anything for granted - but plan as if it's a dead cert'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Dave,

Well I understand and "get" your assessment of the meaning of life (as you put it) but I'm not sure I can accept it as "the actual meaning of life", because I don't think I could be smart enough to do that, if it was "actually" presented to me for certain!!! ;)

Fully agree with all your other words of wisdom.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:14 pm 
Learner

It's difficult for me to get it, and I came up with it! Being able to think of myself as not "me" is the difficult bit - ol' Descartes was on the right line, and I must admit that at one point I convinced myself that I didn't actually exist... however I then swung the otherway and realised the opposite; that actually me exists as everyone, and that's quite liberating!
Anyway I've set myself off on one of those rambling texts that makes me look like a loon!

"You" don't need to be smart enough to get it - I need to be smart enough to present it! - Which I'm not, yet...

And I'm quite certain it's you, as the me that's me is certain the you that's you thinks of yourself as me ;)
:beatstick:
:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

I think that anyone who judges another as a loony, because they don't understand what that person is saying, does so to cover up for their own ignorance, so I wouldn't worry (as I'm sure you don't) what anyone else thinks.

I thought I understood your statement until you added the last statement and that's thrown me now.

"My" point was that I don't think I'm smart enough to understand the meaning of life, because I expect it to be so complex (rightly or wrongly), so IF you do have the solution to the meaning of life (rather than just one aspect of it), then even if I "thought" I understood it, then I must be wrong on that basis.

Regardless of my ability or disability to understand your presentation, you've obviously read books on subjects I've never even given any thought to and which require a very high level of intelligence to understand, so you have my respect for "just" trying to understand it, whether you've managed to do so or not. :bow:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:16 pm 
Wizard

Scalded Cat wrote:
and I must admit that at one point I convinced myself that I didn't actually exist... however I then swung the otherway and realised the opposite; that actually me exists as everyone, and that's quite liberating!

And I'm quite certain it's you, as the me that's me is certain the you that's you thinks of yourself as me ;)
:beatstick:
:shock:

i think i know where your coming from, i also know how difficult is its to explain an inspired concept to anyone else lol

one of the most frightening concepts i ever heard was that you are different people all the way through your own life
at the time i was a teenager and the idea of being anyone but me at that time scared the crap outta me
almost 20years later i dont even understand why i was who i used to be, and more worryingly i dont know how i evolved into who i am now
the only way i can see that such a huge change could have taken place, is by tiny changes every day from then to now

im now ok with that the old me has died and theres a new me
as one of few passions i had back then i still have now, only now its won powered ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:55 pm 

Hi :)

The concept of being different people through your life is true....the human body changes every cell, roughly every 7 years,,,but that doesn't account for personality changes..at least I don't think so lol :)

When I was in my twenties and a soldier, I was not a very nice person, the army made me into that person...because it suited their aims for me....

It wasn't until I left that I recognised myself for what I was, and I can even remember the moment.....I had gone into a Job Centre to look for a job and they interviewed me...

They asked what I was good at.....my answer was, I can climb mountains, I can jump out of aeroplanes, and I am extremely good at killing people...........they were appalled lol.....unfortunately so was I :(

So I decided to change, which I did....

Then I became a family man....a much better stage in my life :)

Nowadays I am an ancient businessman who works too hard and I am trying to change that as well...

These stages we go through, we don't lose the skills from a previous stage, we just use them to improve...in theory I could still jump out of planes, or climb a mountain or kill again (god forbid) , but I don't want to do any of those things...

My life is now different and better :)

In 20 years time...who knows lol, I will probably be the oldest guy in the UK using Nitrous :)

But hopefully I will be a nicer person, to make up for those early years...

Just my 2ps worth :)

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:28 pm 
Learner

Just a few random ones,

Time spent in reconnaissance is never wasted,

Never, ever forget the Aim. When your up to your arse in Alligators it's easy to forget your trying to drain the swamp.

Good enough is good enough. Perfection is a pain in the arse. But to be good enough you must always strive for perfection.

"it's not fair", is not an excuse, nor is it a reason.

Mike

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next