NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lost my post
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:53 pm 
Learner

Just spent multiple hours writing a post and it disappeared when I tried to post it. System asked me to login again. After that post was GONE! Not nice. Perhaps you could have a 24 hr forced logout but only a few hours?? What gives?

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Lost my post
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

VERY SORRY to hear that BUT I don't think it has anything to do with the function of THIS forum, as I've had the same thing happen dozens of times on this (my own forum) and many others 'SOMETIMES' but not always.

I don't know the technicalities of how my forum works (I have a good customer/friend who deals with that) but I'm quite sure there isn't a 2 hour forced logout.

I'm told that late versions of Explorer can cause this kind of problem (which I've been using) and it certainly has caused me a number of other problems as well, one of which seems to have just recently self corrected after a year of mayhem.

As a consequence of all these such problems and wasted time, I now try to remember to either type my reply in Word before pasting it on a forum (therefore having it auto saved) or I copy the text from the forum response box BEFORE I press the submit button.

These practices have saved my HOURS of typing and allowed me to remain calm, because nothing makes me more angry than having to repeat lost work, so I know exactly how you feel. Whenever I get caught but such a problem, I have to leave it a day or two before repeating the work, because it annoys me so much I can't bring myself to do it straight away. :x

I hope you'll use my methods of safeguard against lost work in future and that they will save you the aggravation they've saved me. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:37 pm 
Learner

OK thanks Trev. I was mad, for sure. It has also happened on other forums I was on. Are all these forums copy-cats? Cookie Cutter? Templates? Probably not all written from scratch. Could have inherent issues, especially with Explorer versions and patches changing all the time.

Anyways, I'm learning a lot by using search and reading as much as possible. I registered in order to ask you about an old thread I found in Archives that seems to have ended without the promised neat concise explanation from you. It was the thread about the Zex perimeter plate and the reasons for it not flowing evenly. I could rewrite my post, but it won't be as long as I had made it before. I've also found more info on plates since I speculated on why it was distributing so badly. I'm wondering if there is a good alternative when using a dual plane intake like I am on my Chevy V8.

Maybe I should just post a fresh quesiton in the General N2O discussion??

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Bartholomew wrote:
OK thanks Trev. I was mad, for sure. It has also happened on other forums I was on. Are all these forums copy-cats? Cookie Cutter? Templates? Probably not all written from scratch. Could have inherent issues, especially with Explorer versions and patches changing all the time.
Yes I think you'll find that every forum is a clone of one of a number of templates and ALL have flaws, just like MOST software that we all have to suffer from. :evil:

Anyways, I'm learning a lot by using search and reading as much as possible. I registered in order to ask you about an old thread I found in Archives that seems to have ended without the promised neat concise explanation from you.
It was the thread about the Zex perimeter plate and the reasons for it not flowing evenly.
Very unusual for me to leave a thread unfinished in the manner you describe (some occasionally do slip through the net though), could you post the link to the thread so I can finish it off please?

I could rewrite my post, but it won't be as long as I had made it before.
Just give me a broad outline and I'll try and give you as much info around that as possible.

I've also found more info on plates since I speculated on why it was distributing so badly. I'm wondering if there is a good alternative when using a dual plane intake like I am on my Chevy V8.
Unfortunately (as I'm sure you appreciate) my Spider is not suitable for use on dual plane manifolds and as yet I haven't had the time or inclination to design the perfect solution to that arrangement (better get my finger out on that issue), which means the only option you have from us, which has proven to give good results on numerous such set ups, is to fit an appropriate number of appropriately positioned Crossfire injectors in a suitable plate.
That is assuming you want more than 75 to 150 hp but if you're only wanting in that region, then we have a product (yet to be put in production and made readily available but available to special order), that will do the job very well, which we call our Super Stud.
This device replaces the air filter mounting stud (which is where the name originates from) and is designed to spray fuel and nitrous THROUGH the carb bores.

If this meets your requirements and I can find some pics of the prototype, I'll get them posted for you ASAP.

Maybe I should just post a fresh quesiton in the General N2O discussion??
That would be better for anyone else who would be interested in that specific topic, as the title of this one would mislead them.
Alternatively I could edit the title of this one and move it to save you the trouble.
;)

Thanks.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:13 pm 
Wizard

to cure this next time you log in tick the box for auto log in
most of the time, posts are lost due to you being timed out, and needed to log in again :yes:
as a belt and braces option, which i know are popular round here ;), highlight and copy your text before pressing the post button
especially if its a war and peace affair lol