NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pulsoid X10 the ULTIMATE solenoid
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:54 am 
Site Admin

xclr82xtc wrote:
hey trev what the price on these compared to the old ones? (sorry if thats already been answered)
They'll be about £10 each more expensive on a like for like capability and ultimately when they become mainstream and in high volume production (maybe a year down the line), they'll end up being much cheaper than our current Pulsoids.

also..off topic, but are you guys gonna be making a simple small on/off noid for the revo safety noid so we dont have to spend big money on the pulsoids if we want to use revo?
There's not a lot of point in doing that for the following reasons;
1) There isn't that much difference (in design and cost) between a correctly designed solenoid and an AVERAGE solenoid. The main reason the Pulsoids are so expensive, is not so much the design but the low production volumes (which are not automated) and the exchange rate.
2) Since the Pulsoid is used as a 'safety' back up, you wouldn't want to use a cheap jobbie that would even fail when not pulsed (as generic US solenoid so often do), so it's still important to have THE BEST for the job.
3) If we were to consider making a 'basic' solenoid we might as well just sell a 'generic' brand like all US companies.

For now at least we feel that although it's an expensive option, it's still cheaper than engine destruction and as a consequence worthwhile.

Having said all that, I am working on modifications to the REVO units that will deal with the 2 factors, that I currently use the Pulsoid as a back up to deal with;
1) Unlike a solenoid, a REVO CAN'T 'AUTO' SHUT OFF, as it needs power to drive it shut, whereas a solenoid relies on gas pressure and a spring to AUTO SHUT OFF.
2) This version of the REVO was INTENTIONALLY design NOT to be able to shut off completely (to avoid giving anyone who tries to copy it, all the design features of my ULTIMATE design. The fact that it does shut off extremely reliably is a bonus at present but not one to be relied on. However, I do have a design that I will eventually launch that WILL be DESIGNED to shut off and it will work PERFECTLY RELIABLY INFINITUM.

I'm also working on alternative cheaper back up options for the short term to replace the Pulsoids, that wont compromise reliability. ;)

FYI we JUST finished testing a X10 Pulsoid for wear to make sure the slight changes (which SHOULD have improved things), hadn't inadvertently messed them up.

We stopped testing after ONE MILLION OPERATIONS and there was less signs of wear to the X10 than I've seen in a few minutes of testing of most generic solenoids.

THE GOOD NEWS WAS;
1) The super slick PTFE/Teflon 'TYPE' (as it's better than pure PTFE) coating on the plunger was still covering the entire plunger
2) The MAIN reason for the coating was to prevent attack by ANY fuel of the plunger seal and I was concerned that the constant hammering of the pulsing may have worn through it - BUT NO the PROTECTIVE coating was in PERFECT condition on the seal as well, which means we now have a fuel plunger seal that is IMPERVIOUS TO ALL FUEL TYPES!!!!
3) The anodised bore of the body showed NO signs of wearing through - hardly surprising as it now has a super slick plunger coating to rub against, rather than relatively much more abrasive stainless steel.

So that's the wear testing done, we now move on to the pulse response testing a extreme pressures and then we intend to MAX OUT the design features to see how much it can flow for special applications and I'm aiming for over 500 hp. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:49 am 
Site Admin

Here's another 'taster' shot;

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:34 am 
Learner

are these available?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:06 am 
Site Admin

Not yet but will be in a month or so. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:55 am 
Wizard

When you say Impervious to ALL fuel types then I am assuming this also includes Propane?

I am aware it is less damaging than pretty much all the other race fuels but could be a gas or liquid and at colder and higher pressures so thought I would ask.

Also would the fuel 'noid need modifying?

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Yes that includes propane and yes the Pulsoid would still need mods as propane is at a higher pressure than the fuel Pulsoids are intended to run at.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:11 am 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:

Sweeeeeeeeet... How much more will the x10's be than a standard noid?

They look awsome!

Well done

Justin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:05 am 
Learner

turbochocko wrote:
Noswizard wrote:

Sweeeeeeeeet... How much more will the x10's be than a standard noid?

They look awsome!

Well done

Justin

Look at the top of this page.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:51 pm 

i'm anxious to see if the X10's have even better PWM response as the old units!

imma need an pulsoid that´s at least capable of 250hp before the start of the season, these x10´s are tempting :lol:

quick question, can 4an support 250hp of nitrous at 1000psi?

10.xx@130ish are in order for next season (stock block, I/C/H/E, slicks, two stages progressive dry)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:54 pm 
Wizard

wolve wrote:
i'm anxious to see if the X10's have even better PWM response as the old units!

imma need an pulsoid that´s at least capable of 250hp before the start of the season, these x10´s are tempting :lol:

quick question, can 4an support 250hp of nitrous at 1000psi?

Yes it can!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

After a comprehensive testing program, we've concluded that the new X10 does in deed respond better to PWM than the existing Pulsoid. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:53 pm 

Noswizard wrote:
After a comprehensive testing program, we've concluded that the new X10 does in deed respond better to PWM than the existing Pulsoid. :yes:

As Expected Offcourse...

don't keep us waiting longer, we want to know numbers/results :yes:

HZ vs DC numbers :!:

instead of 30-80% DC @ 30hz

now we demand at least

X10: 20-90%DC @ 40hz :bow: :?: :?: :?: :P :P :P

just kidding, but we are anxious tough!?!

10.xx@130ish are in order for next season (stock block, I/C/H/E, slicks, two stages progressive dry)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 am 
Site Admin

wolve wrote:
Noswizard wrote:

As Expected Offcourse...

don't keep us waiting longer, we want to know numbers/results :yes:

HZ vs DC numbers :!:

instead of 30-80% DC @ 30hz

now we demand at least

X10: 20-90%DC @ 40hz :bow: :?: :?: :?: :P :P :P

just kidding, but we are anxious tough!?!

Thanks for your interest but I'll have to get back to you with specific figures much later, because right now we're busier than we've ever been trying to get X10 Pulsoids manufactured along with getting REVO's manufactured, to meet the surge in demand, so the tech stuff sadly has to wait.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Here's something that should interest you all.

I received my new super tool today (slo mo camera) and the lads couldn't wait to try it out so here's the first clip;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIIf9iosbQU

This shows the X10 pulsing at a modest 25 Hz.

Obviously we'll have to record some comparable results using generic solenoids to fully demonstrate the advantages our Pulsoids offer but for now you can see how even and dense the plume is and how responsive they are. The system was not purged, as can be seen by the first few pulses and by using this technology we'll be able to measure and demonstrate exactly how much difference there is between the flow of a well designed component/system (WON) and ALL others.

Using the timing on the camera and by watching per frame shots we are able to prove that the X10 fully opens and fully closes in under a micro-second per function.

Can't wait to apply this technology to a whole raft of product testing. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:22 pm 

Noswizard wrote:
Here's something that should interest you all.

I received my new super tool today (slo mo camera) and the lads couldn't wait to try it out so here's the first clip;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIIf9iosbQU

This shows the X10 pulsing at a modest 25 Hz.

Obviously we'll have to record some comparable results using generic solenoids to fully demonstrate the advantages our Pulsoids offer but for now you can see how even and dense the plume is and how responsive they are. The system was not purged, as can be seen by the first few pulses and by using this technology we'll be able to measure and demonstrate exactly how much difference there is between the flow of a well designed component/system (WON) and ALL others.

Using the timing on the camera and by watching per frame shots we are able to prove that the X10 fully opens and fully closes in under a micro-second per function.

Can't wait to apply this technology to a whole raft of product testing. :twisted:

Hi Trev :)

Wow thats impressive :)

I bet it wasn't cheap either lol ...

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:51 pm 
Learner

Wow after only three pulses the nitrous was at full volume. If that line wasn't purged. how long was it? Because at 25hz thats only 3x.04 sec for a total of .12 sec to be at full fluid flow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately we can't make that big a deal of the purge situation, because the Pulsoid was connected directly to a bottle.
However, we have already done side by side tests to demonstrate the difference between WON and ALL other kits in this respect and we didn't need a slo mo camera for that, because the difference in time was seconds rather than micro-seconds. LOL

We have dozens of informative video clips and photos that demonstrate the superiority of WON products and concepts but the time required to edit and upload them means that very few actually reach the public. :(

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

Just another thought though, the fact that there is still not INSTANT nitrous delivery even though there was no pipe included, PROVES how important every mm of the nitrous delivery path is.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:26 pm 
Wizard

Would this not be more informative if the video showed the nitrous leaving a crossfire or a spider plate via the X10??

Also!
Can you do another video using the old pulsoid as a reference?
I'm sure some IT techy on here could do a split screen view / video of the X10 and a normal pulsoid running the same test side by side with the same settings on the controller.

This would give us some good visual info!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

We would LOVE to do all that and much more besides but I've had to shut the camera away to stop the boys PLAYING with it until WE'RE ON TOP OF MUCH MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS.

This clip was JUST something the boys were in a position to arrange quickly (because they couldn't wait to see the results), that happened to be worthwhile.

When time permits we'll get together a full analysis program and apply it to a range of components, to demonstrate the advantages of as many of our products as possible. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:58 am 
Learner

Looks good Trev... I'm looking foward to playing with my fresh new X-10's soon ;-)

J.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:06 pm 
Pro Mod

Not Bad stuff at all.....not that any of it was bad before...I just burned up a;ot of things thru my stupidity and over working things but we did learn things from it....and most things learned in life are by accedent anyway.....

nice pretty sexy hot beautiful.....Oh Sorry Trev I was thinking of Janet again...the X10 pretty good looking also

I read were alot of concern of heat is an issue..let me give you a little education on my use and heat.....since as well all know these work thru the ground side of the controler....try to imagine wiring nightmare,by the way i love this kind of shit anyway but not 16 noids but yet 32 wires and do it in a very clean and hidden away as though they were not even there....oh and plus you have to put all this under were there are many pipes too.....

I made a mistke...oh and this is just one of many thru all my designs of using wires ties on the very small i think 22 gauge wire...20? any way I tied it to a metal pipe and pulled to tightly.....I have a 300amp continus relay that I run a main feed to the nitrous and 2 other current drawing products...these are special mil spec relays as a matter of fact the same relay is used on are Navy ships for there mini gats you know the guns that spray 800 rounds a second....so i knew the relay was good for me....

One day soon after i was testing and had turned on the nitrous which always sent power to the noids but i had a seperate swith to the Max....something happend and i was called away for 30 mins. or so....when i got to the shop i saw i had let it on thought nothing of it and wanted to fire the motor well its was locked up like a Victorian Virgin...found I had a cyl filled with fuel....thought somehow a carb leaked down and looking into it was somehow touched a fuel pulsoid that was what felt like fire and it did burn and scar me...but hey Chicks dig scars...

Anyway found that the wire coating had been cut by the small wire tie being pulled to tight and grounded it self....and it let the fuel siphion into the engine...now this is 2 fuel rails it pulled from so enough to fill it...

Worried once again i tore his stuff up I gave it time to cool....like an hour or so...fixed the wire case and did a "what you should never do a dry run without fuel or nitrous.... It worked...not a problem one in future wireing i did alot of things to help protect the wire from silicon wire sleveing with thcik wall self sealing shrink tubeing to prevent this....

Also with no radiator in are plant and no air coming in from the out side we always had heat...and Trev and Ant as welll as Big Dave can tell you of heat...here in the carolinas..never once a problem

Attachments:
johnny_barb.jpg
johnny_barb.jpg [ 66.54 KiB | Viewed 29479 times ]

A.K.A. Cult Member #40
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 pm 
Learner

Hoping these will be released next month as stated, cant wait to get a set ordered!!!

Some people have bee nraving about how a 'purge' system would benefit my braided line install, which these support?
Could anyone explain this to me in a little more depth?

Any dates yet? Thanks, ben.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:56 pm 
Pro Mod

Not being a smart azzz here but do a search as this has been gone over many many times....if you cant find it I will look for you as well

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

A purge is a Band-aid for the bad use of braided hose which wastes nitrous that could otherwise be making your car run quicker.

On some vehicles its unavoidable to use braided and as a consequence we've added the port to the X-10s for that purpose but for anyone using less than 150 HP the best solution is nylon pipe and NO WASTE. :idea:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next