NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NEW WORLD RECORD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:46 am 
Site Admin

Lavar Delee riding for HTP Performance set a new Pro Street nitrous WORLD RECORD today in Valdosta of 7.12 secs.

This was despite Cecil (boss of HTP Performance) STILL not having time to fit the REVO system, as he yet again ran out of time before the event.

Being limited by the pulsed technology, the 60ft & 330 times were well short of what the bikes have done when using the REVO systems but thankfully the Pulsoids came in to their own from there on.

Cecil is totally confident that had he had the time to fit the REVO systems, both bikes would have broken in to the 6 sec bracket this weekend.

Now that's all nice and dandy but what makes it even better, is that Lavar was the QUICKEST bike in the entire class this weekend BEATING THE TURBO BOYS.

Unfortunately, the 7.12 was not quite enough to take the OUTRIGHT class record by a mere 0.01 secs but I know for a fact, that this time last year NOBODY would have put money on a nitrous bike being so close to the class record after approx. 10 years of turbo domination, to the point where NO nitrous bikes even contested the class for a good few years.

It was also unfortunate that Lavar only managed to get in to his stride after qualification had finished, which left him in 17 position, just outside the A group, so he couldn’t win the class despite running quicker times than everyone in the A group.

It was left to Ryan Schnitz to champion the WON/HTP nitrous cause in the A group, as he qualified 5th with a very respectable 7.21 but although he made it through the 1st round of eliminations, he couldn’t reproduce Lavar’s times (although the bikes are virtually identical) and was knocked out in the 2nd round as a consequence.

Although that wasn’t a great result for Ryan, it was still a great result for WON, as it meant the quickest TWO nitrous bikes over the entire weekend were BOTH using WON nitrous injection technology (as far as I’m aware NO other nitrous bike qualified in the top 16) and as stated, the quickest bike 'PERIOD' over the entire weekends racing, was WON assisted.

Had it not been for the endless gearbox problems Cecil has suffered for 95% of the year, these times would have been run at the start of the season and they would have been substantially improved on by now but at least we end the year on a high and with a proven basis to start the New Year from. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anyone want to bet against a REVO system being on the OVERALL Pro Street world record holder next year??

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: NEW WORLD RECORD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:15 am 
Learner

Good achievement from the HTP team. I`m not really into motorcycles, but that`s outstanding performance. Shows the potential of WON.

I`m going to follow their progress to see where they will end.

Diy short ram intake, TBS, throttle coolant block off, heat shield gasket, AAS race manifold, reinforced torque rods, Exedy stage 1 clutch, short shifter,semi slicks, hondata flashpro.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:51 am 
Learner

Great result, though I assume the champagne will be on hold for the class record and sub-7, soon to follow!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the posts guys and for anyone else who is wondering why Cecil is currently using pulsed technology rather than REVO technology, it's all explained in detail here;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5526

For anyone who is sceptical and can't be arsed to read that thread its as follows;

I converted the Max Extreme's to REVO ONLY, not realising that would prevent the link being made between the REVO flow and the Motec.

When Cecil tried to make the link it didn't work - OBVIOUSLY!

Due to the numerous gearbox problems he's had all year he never bothered to sort the 'link' problem out (as he was concentrating on sorting the gearbox problems) and decided to run pulsed nitrous while he sorted the gearbox, because he wasn't even getting down the track on NA power never mind nitrous power.

To his surprise he sorted the gearbox problems (AT LAST) a few weeks ago and since then he's been TOO BUSY to do what is needed, to rectify the lack of interaction between the Max and the Motec, so he's been FORCED to continue using the Pulsoids.

Since the Max units were converted to REVO ONLY units, Cecil was unable to use them to drive the Pulsoids, so he was FORCED to fit and use a BASIC US made progressive unit earlier this year and has had to continue using it for the above reasons.

ANYONE claiming that there is something wrong with the REVO system or that pulsed technology is better, is an ABSOLUTE IDIOT.
Any such IDIOT should ask Cecil if he'd part with his REVO system and stay with using Pulsoids for next year instead. :idea:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:12 pm 
Learner

what does linking the motec to the max accomplish??? just curious..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

Cecil wanted to run the system DRY and use the Motec management to add the fuel and adjust the timing (against my advice BTW although its no big deal either way) and to accomplish this we needed to convert out digital output signal to an analogue 0 to 5 Volt signal.
Now we've done this before for other customers with Pulsoids (with great success) and its achieved by a unit we manufacture called a D to A converter.

As stated previously MY MISTAKE was in not realising that even when using a REVO system, the signal from the Max MUST be taken from one of the Pulsoid outputs, which I'd unwittingly disabled by ENTIRELY REMOVING the Pulsoid output wires.

WE (the WON team) then compounded the problem, by not SPECIFICALLY telling Cecil that the D to A needed connecting to the Pulsoid output and as a consequence we failed to appreciate, why the unit didn't work when Cecil tried it.

In our defence we have only sold a handful of these units and all but those to Cecil are being used on Pulsoid systems, so I hope we can be excused for getting it wrong the first time.

Unfortunately since we've realised the cause of the problem, Cecil hasn't had time to refit the REVO system with the Max & D to A converter and as a consequence, all his recent world records are DESPITE struggling to cope with the limitations of even our pulsed technology and MUCH QUICKER times are inevitable. Cecil proved this to be the case a number of times last year (which is why he knows his 60 & 330 times are down from what is achievable with the REVO's), when he first upgraded from the Pulsoids to the REVO's on all his bikes.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:53 am 
Learner

ah..ok trev.. i got you.. im assuming that the revo uses a 0-100% ramp is there a way that you could use that same ramp and have it double over to the pulsoid output terminal?? (sorry never seen your unit so im prolly off base) but then you could basically use the pusloid outlet as a "monitor" output, and your 0-5v would still function as intended...

but then again, if that even made sense to you..im prolly way off base lol. and sorry for thread jackin! im sure there is a better thread to discuss this

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

That's effectively what it does/how it works, the only difference is that we don't have terminals, we have flying leads that are soldered inside the unit at the factory. The problem was that I removed the Pulsoid drive wires when I was in the US early this year, as I didn't expect Cecil to need them. To deal with this issue Cecil needs to dismantle the Max units and solder on a new wire to connect to the D to A converter, but so far he's had other matters that have HAD TO TAKE PRIORITY (like fixing a gearbox that had welded a gear to a shaft JUST the day before setting off to Valdosta), instead of doing the REVO work as intended.

The FOOLS who think he'd rather use pulsed technology than REVO technology, obviously have NO appreciation of what the REVO can do. Cecil has already proved to everyone what the REVO can do, by setting the Real Street world record using it and by destroying the existing nitrous Pro Street record by approx. 0.5 secs (last year), using a wet REVO system.
Some FOOLS have jumped on this incident to try and push their outdated pulsed products, because they are in fear that they won't be able to sell many more, once the REVO takes over. :twisted:

Its only a matter of time before the REVO system is unquestionably the system to use, so they can talk all the shit they want, as it'll just make them look bigger fools when the inevitable happens. :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:06 pm 
Learner

Would this be the run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4M1xABX_pQ

Austin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

That's the one. :yes:

That run was far from perfect and sounded like it went off song at a couple of points during the run, in particular towards the end, so there's plenty more to come from the Pulsoid system alone, so it looks to me like 6.8s should be possible on the REVO system once that's fitted and optimised. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

I've just spoken to Cecil and think you'll all find the following info of interest. :twisted:

Contrary to rumours that Lavar damaged the motor on his last run (after the 7.12), Cecil has assured me all that happened was the bike wheel span and hit the limiter. The flames that were seen were ONLY due to that and no engine damage was suffered on either of Cecil’s Pro Street bikes.

I asked why Ryan Schnitz didn't run at least as quick on what is basically an identical bike and Cecil told me he had 2 different game plans for Lavar’s and Ryan’s bikes. On Ryan’s bike they decided he had enough power/performance to win the class, so they didn’t change anything from first to last run (which is a surprise to me, as I’d have expected Cecil to have used the proven quicker settings from Lavar’s bike on Ryan’s after each round) but as it turned out he didn't have quite enough, otherwise it'd have been A PAIR of 7.1 or better.

On Lavar’s bike they were aiming to optimise the performance by making minor adjustments, which can obviously be seen working, by the quicker and quicker times he ran of 7.17 - 7.14 - 7.12 and what would have been a 7.0, had it not been for a wheelie and wheel spin during that run, which still resulted in a 7.4 sec pass.
The reason why they pushed Lavar’s effort, was because he couldn’t win the outright Pro Street class, so he had nothing to lose.

For something like TEN YEARS turbo bikes have DOMINATED the Pro Street class (to the absolute exclusion of any nitrous bikes) until last year. NOTHING was done to give the nitrous bikes a chance until recently (not sure exactly when things changed), when certain PERCEIVED 'advantages' were given to the nitrous bikes to encourage them to compete and it now seems just to be cannon fodder for the turbo guys (see below).
The 'advantages' were as follows;
1) A few inches extra wheel base - which Cecil would be happy without
2) An inch less ground clearance - which Cecil wouldn't be unhappy about losing
3) A lower weight requirement - which Cecil would be happy to relinquish, as he'd put it all on the front end to stop the bike lifting the front end.
4) A slipper clutch is allowed on nitrous bikes but not allowed on turbo bikes - Cecil believes he'd run quicker using the clutched the turbo bikes are limited to, so he has no concerns about that either.

That seems to be the lot or at least the main differences.

Now I personally DO NOT believe in handicapping in ANY high end race class, especially to allow nitrous to catch up to other forms of tuning, because I don't believe that a correctly designed nitrous kit, fitted on a correctly built vehicle, set up and used correctly, should need a handicap to be competitive and because I don't want anyone saying that the only reason a nitrous bike (or car) using my system has won anything, is because the competition is handicapped, so I'm not particularly happy that the rules are as they are in this class.

However, that being said, I have to say what a bunch of lilly livered guys those turbo owners must be, who have already started crying for the handicaps to be removed, AT THE FIRST SIGN of a nitrous bike taking their supremacy from them. Their acting like a bunch of children crying to Mommy, because some kid is threatening to take a toy from them.
So it was OK to give the nitrous bikes a helping hand while ever they were only good for cannon fodder but now the tables are turned, "they don't like it up um", as the Dad's army catch phrase goes. ;)

I'm seeing the same mentality from some of the company owners with vested interest in turbo and US pulsed nitrous technology (although in the case of US pulsed nitrous kits the word 'technology' is a contradiction) :omgrofl: :omgrofl: as they've responded to Lavar's result with petty comments and pointless questions, rather than congratulations on a job well done.
You know you've got there number, when they start making false claims and asking stupid questions to divert the attention from such an amazing achievement. :yes:

TALK ABOUT RUNNING SCARED!!!! :loser: :loser: :loser:

As I've said many times before, such people had better enjoy their success while they can, because as every day goes by WON get's a little closer to not only catching them but also SURPASSING them. The end of their glory days are numbered, they have done all they can to achieve the results they have and there is little more they can do to improve further but WON is just getting started. :twisted: :twisted:

With the help of Cecil Towner and a growing number of others like him, the REVO system will produce results that turbo bikes (and cars) and conventional nitrous bikes (and cars), WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO DREAM OF. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 am 
Site Admin

BTW Cecil's response to my observation that the bike didn't sound all that well, was that it was struggling for traction and wheel spinning here and there. Once the REVO & Max Extreme systems are re-fitted he'll be able to adjust the power points in the run where that's a problem to ensure an OPTIMUM run. :yes: :twisted: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 am 
Learner

Found a video with an interview with Cecil Towner where he talks about the mishap they had to overcome and the progress they have made now.

Also some nice footage of the racing action. (Watch the full throttle wheelies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apO3EXRj ... r_embedded

Diy short ram intake, TBS, throttle coolant block off, heat shield gasket, AAS race manifold, reinforced torque rods, Exedy stage 1 clutch, short shifter,semi slicks, hondata flashpro.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:37 pm 
Learner

Doh too slow

The record run & loads of interview are on the video above ;)

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Well there it is from the horses mouth confirming what I've been reporting all year about Cecil's gearbox problems. Cecil just told me that he went in to greater detail about the nitrous system, mentioning WON and why he was only using Pulsoids but they didn't include that.

I also notice that they SKIPPED Ryan Schnitz's results in the eliminations, concentrating on JUST the turbo bikes, which is rather strange when you consider the class has been dominated by turbo bikes to the exclusion of nitrous bikes, for the past 5 to 10 years, so you'd have thought the ONLY nitrous bike in the top 16 would have warranted at least a mention. :?

Cecil also let me in on the results of another of his bikes that was using a WON system that weekend but I'm sworn to secrecy about the times it ran both at Valdosta and in testing but suffice it to say it was IMPRESSIVE and much quicker than the Pro Street bikes, as would be expected due to it's longer wheel base and slick tire.

Here's an IMPRESSIVE run at Valdosta - anyone want to hazard a guess as to when he hits the WON system.
Once again because the bike was ONLY using 'pulsed' technology Lavar was unable to use the nitrous early in the run and that gave the other guy a head start but MY GOD did that ever change in a hurry. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFLkqU7jmRQ

If it's not obvious from the video, Lavar (cecil & WON) won, WITH YET ANOTHER TOTALLY RELIABLE RUN, while the other guy blew his motor.

More news on nitrous blown motors, was that Teasley also BLEW HIS MOTOR TO SHIT, trying to compete JUST ONCE with Lavar's MULTIPLE WORLD RECORD TIMES!!!!

How much more evidence do some people need, that WON not only produces quicker times and more power but also does it 100% RELIABLY?!?!?!?!? :? :?

For the record Cecil is making 270 HP on motor alone and 500 HP on WON and he's CERTAIN (as am I), that it can handle MUCH MORE!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:36 am 
Site Admin

BTW to go past another SERIOUSLY QUICK bike in such an IMPRESSIVE WAY at this level of racing, takes some SERIOUS TORQUE. :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:33 pm 
Learner

I`m still trying to comprehend Trevor what it means to have 500 HP at your disposal from a 1340 cc s8 Hayabusa engine on spray.
What is even more amazing to me is the fact that it`s such a small engine, with tiny engine parts compared to that of a car engine. I have seen the internals of such an engine lying around once and it amazes me again and again what huge amounts of nitrous it can swallow without stress. It`s truly an outstanding engine.

You must be proud trevor seeing your products deliver the times everyone is talking about and scaring the hairdryer brigade in the process. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for that and yes I am very proud of the part I've played in helping Cecil achieve these results and it makes me laugh that even when the nitrous side is ENTIRELY of my design, that someone else wants to take ALL the credit for it just because Cecil was FORCED to use a controller that could never match what the Max Extreme could have been doing if I hadn't removed the Pulsoid wires. :omgrofl:

The best of it is that the guy who is trying to take the credit, has had NOTHING to do with the design of the unit but he's talking like its all his doing. :omgrofl: :omgrofl:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:45 am 

Good achievement from the HTP team.

EDITED SPAM OUT but will leave post as its correct. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:25 am 
Site Admin

Ryan Schnitz riding the HTP Performance Busa ably assisted by a WON Pulsoid front end, has just set NOT ONLY the Pro Street nitrous record but also the outright Pro Street bike class record with a 7.09 sec pass.
This was despite blistering weather conditions that were far from conducive to quick, never mind record times.

It's a shame the turbo guys are handicapped in comparison to the nitrous bikes, because I prefer wins on a like for like basis but regardless of that, the rules are as they are and the win was achieved within those rules, so turbo bike domination of the class has been broken at last. For how long before an influential turbo supplier bribes someone to change the rules in their favour is another matter. :tard:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)