NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Example of posts for this section
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

After my head on collision with an idiot from Latvia who was overtaking on the wrong side of a bend, I decided to buy a new Volvo S60 T5 with all the auto detection gear and auto braking etc.

After a few weeks it was obvious that these automatic systems were FAR FROM RELIABLE and made the car more dangerous to drive in more important respects, than the safety features supposedly prevented.

After POLITELY reporting this matter to the supplier, I was advised to report it directly to Volvo, who then advised me to report it to the supplier. That alone was enough to blow my fuse but what followed has been the worst case of customer care/service I've ever experienced.

There far too many disgusting examples to list but suffice to say, that I'll NEVER buy another Volvo and I strongly advise you all not to do so either.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Example of posts for this section
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:20 pm 
Wizard

My mates had a similar problem with a sports Merc he bought. It has run flat tyres that are rock hard. I know its a sports model but its also a luxury car. He got frustrated because at over 50mph you have to raise your voice quite a bit in order to speak to the passengers so they can hear.

I lent him my noise meter and it was 71db in the car at 70mph.

He too had the saga of dealer and manufacturer batting the problem to and fro. They offered him a solution of new rims and tyres at over £3000.00 at cost (so they said)?

He drove the car back and asked for his money back or for them to make the car as quiet as the makers state it should be. The issue is still in discussion??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 am 

Noswizard wrote:
After my head on collision with an idiot from Latvia who was overtaking on the wrong side of a bend, I decided to buy a new Volvo S60 T5 with all the auto detection gear and auto braking etc.

After a few weeks it was obvious that these automatic systems were FAR FROM RELIABLE and made the car more dangerous to drive in more important respects, than the safety features supposedly prevented.

After POLITELY reporting this matter to the supplier, I was advised to report it directly to Volvo, who then advised me to report it to the supplier. That alone was enough to blow my fuse but what followed has been the worst case of customer care/service I've ever experienced.

There far too many disgusting examples to list but suffice to say, that I'll NEVER buy another Volvo and I strongly advise you all not to do so either.

Hi Trev :)

I thought that computerised braking thing that you showed me last year on my annual hols in Doncaster was a little weird when it braked on a bend when it SAW, a pedestrian on the kerb :(

I like my gadgets (remote starting. rear view camera etc etc) but not sure I could live with that one....

Having said all that, I am not sure you would have walked away from your accident if you hadnt been in a Volvo....

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 am 

Another thought....

I think people like you and to a lesser degree I, who give unrivalled customer service , find it hard to understand the big companies IDEA of customer service...

In my opinion its laughable :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:32 am 
Learner

Brett928S2 wrote:

Another thought....

I think people like you and to a lesser degree I, who give unrivalled customer service , find it hard to understand the big companies IDEA of customer service...

In my opinion its laughable :(

Think of the film fight club... The motor company looks at the total cost of recalling all the cars to fix the problem vs the cost of paying the few lawsuits if they don't. (Yes I know it's fiction but you get the point.)

On the other hand a brand of target ammunition I used released a single bad batch into circulation. Lapua valued their reputation so much they recalled every single round. They then changed the logo stamped into their casings and reissued with new so a shooter could tell at a glance if there was the slightest risk of having a duff round. :yes:

Back on topic ebay seller 44nmj should in my opinion be avoided. :tard: I have dealt with him twice (for suspension components) based on a 250000 positive feedback and a "top rated seller" status. First time he sent me the wrong bits. Second time he promised a refund he didn't pay. Thinking this was odd I looked at the individual feedback. 50 negative just in the last month! Seems his attitude is that "if you keep most of the people happy most of the time then that is good enough".

Cheers,

Owen.