NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Nitrous flow
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

kickstart wrote:
Trev, purely academically, would I be right in thinking that the pic above shows that - assuming all the holes in that perimeter plate were completely identical - ........... there seems to be more gas pressure from the right hand n2o inlet pipe ?

It's a bit hard to say if that is the case, as there are other MESSED UP factors that could make it 'appear' that way.

The poor machining is causing some plumes to flow in a different direction to what is intended and needed to make it look like the pressure is even. The burrs caused by the machining are causing the plumes to suffer from patchy differences in density. Add these 2 factors to the inherent poor distribution characteristics of the 'concept' and it's no wonder that the plumes 'appear' to be stronger on the right than the left but I would be surprised is the pressure was the actual cause, as that is likely to be the ONLY EVEN aspect of the plate.

This plate design would be bad enough IF the plumes didn't collide with each other and it would be bad enough if all the plumes collided in the same way at the same angles but to have them colliding at different angles and to have them all colliding in different ways and SOME suffering multiple collision, it can only result in;
1) HORRENDOUS DISTRIBUTION
2) HORRENDOUS TURBULENCE OF THE NORMAL AIRFLOW

I just wish this ASSHOLE would accept my challenge to put my Spider or Scorpion up against his piece of JUNK, so his FLOCK OF FOOLS could see how little he knows about nitrous.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:32 am 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
kickstart wrote:
Trev, purely academically, would I be right in thinking that the pic above shows that - assuming all the holes in that perimeter plate were completely identical - ........... there seems to be more gas pressure from the right hand n2o inlet pipe ?

It's a bit hard to say if that is the case, as there are other MESSED UP factors that could make it 'appear' that way.

The poor machining is causing some plumes to flow in a different direction to what is intended and needed to make it look like the pressure is even. The burrs caused by the machining are causing the plumes to suffer from patchy differences in density. Add these 2 factors to the inherent poor distribution characteristics of the 'concept' and it's no wonder that the plumes 'appear' to be stronger on the right than the left but I would be surprised is the pressure was the actual cause, as that is likely to be the ONLY EVEN aspect of the plate.

This plate design would be bad enough IF the plumes didn't collide with each other and it would be bad enough if all the plumes collided in the same way at the same angles but to have them colliding at different angles and to have them all colliding in different ways and SOME suffering multiple collision, it can only result in;
1) HORRENDOUS DISTRIBUTION
2) HORRENDOUS TURBULENCE OF THE NORMAL AIRFLOW

I just wish this ASSHOLE would accept my challenge to put my Spider or Scorpion up against his piece of JUNK, so his FLOCK OF FOOLS could see how little he knows about nitrous.

LOL if only I could do a head-to-head for everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:26 pm 
Wizard

Trev!!

I've just figured out where you are going wrong mate ??

Forget all the stuff about even flow and distribution... Just look at all the sheep replying to this guys plate ??

What you need to do is make your stuff SEXY and NICE :)

Perry ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

I save sexy and nice for the women in my life Perry ;) :twisted:

I know what you're saying but personally I don't see how anybody can be so blind as to see ANYTHING made by ANY US company as sexier or nicer than my products, as my top priority after CORRECT DESIGN, is to make them exactly that.

His plate for example is just a big square chunk of metal with a big square hole in it, whereas my Scorpion and Spiders have more curves and sexy lines than a supermodel.

:yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:20 pm 
Wizard

Explain this one to me, Trev. :omgrofl:

Attachment:
100_1633.jpg
100_1633.jpg [ 195.44 KiB | Viewed 292975 times ]

Attachment:
bad plate.png
bad plate.png [ 49.27 KiB | Viewed 292975 times ]

Other Company Attempting to be Expert on Nitrous wrote:
Some Guy wrote:
Thank you, **BLEEP**. Do you flow test each port to assure they each get the same distribution of both nitrous and gasoline, or might there be pressure drops at the ports closest to the supply lines that would tend to starve the outer ports? And how will you compensate for trash (rust, other impurities) that might tend to plug the passages in these plates?

This is not designed like other direct port injection systems where there is an easilyremoved and cleaned distribution block/nozzle for each cylinder, and this has internal passages that may be problematic to keep clean and flow balanced

Yes we did flow test each port to make sure there was equal distribution to each port, the flow ports were designed to minimize clogging issues. This design has been being tested and redesigned several times in the last 3 months and every issue you have addressed has been addressed during the design and manufacturing process. Cleaning couldn't be easier simply remove the nitrous plates then the jet holders spray in throttle body cleaner, soak and blow out with compressed air, again the supply ports are large enough there won't be any clogging issues.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

I HATE TO THINK HOW BAD THAT WILL FLOW!!!!!

I'd like someone to ask them how they managed to MEASURE the flow from all those outlets to determine that it is even, as there is NO known way of doing that as far as the rest of the world is concerned.

I'M THE ONLY PERSON who has devised a way of 'measuring' / 'comparing' nitrous plumes and even I would have GREAT DIFFICULTY applying my UNIQUE method to this piece of JUNK, as the method requires the plumes to be spread wider apart and be visible for as long as possible. Obviously neither is possible on that, so if I can't do it NOBODY ELSE can!!!!

You only have to look at the JUNK plates earlier in this thread, to see that even a single entry into a single simple straight tube (spray bar plates), suffers from major distribution problems, so this far more complex piece of JUNK, with it's far worse flow path & double uneven entries, CAN'T POSSIBLY flow evenly.

I also very much doubt that there won't be numerous internal burrs, that will cause all sorts of flow problems, from blockages to uneven distribution to make things even worse.

Such a shame that there isn't a governing body that have to independently test ALL nitrous products, before they are allowed to be sold, as that would at least prove what fools these people are.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

BTW for your further interest, I have invented a new and UNIQUE method of not only measuring nitrous flow but also nitrous density but it's size means the plumes have to be at least a couple of inches apart to be applied.

This product/tool could SERIOUSLY ROCK the nitrous world, as until now it's been IMPOSSIBLE to even INaccurately measure nitrous FLOW (never mind DENSITY) and being able to demonstrate the difference in density at the nozzle outlets on different brands, will CONCLUSIVELY DEMONSTRATE which are the best. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:52 pm 
Wizard

I figured you'd get a kick out of it.

You should have seen the crap the company was spilling, claiming that plate is FAR SUPERIOR TO NOZZLES AND TB PLATES :rofl: :omgrofl:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:56 am 
Site Admin

Turbobox wrote:
I figured you'd get a kick out of it.

You should have seen the crap the company was spilling, claiming that plate is FAR SUPERIOR TO NOZZLES AND TB PLATES :rofl: :omgrofl:

In the UK we have LAWS that prevent companies from making FALSE claims for their products and we have Government Departments set up to check products and enforce the laws but contrary to claims I've heard from the US, they either don't have such a system or ALL the US nitrous companies IGNORE THEM. :evil:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:09 am 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
In the UK we have LAWS that prevent companies from making FALSE claims for their products and we have Government Departments set up to check products and enforce the laws but contrary to claims I've heard from the US, they either don't have such a system or ALL the US nitrous companies IGNORE THEM. :evil:

It's more profitable to sell hyped crap to the sheep, so no there is no law here. :evil:

And what's worse is that one sheep praising a piece of shit draws other sheep to praise as well, and the herd grows exponentially. :loser:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:40 am 
Site Admin

Couldn't agree more and you'd think that the sheep would demand such laws, to protect themselves against the multitude of SCUM BAG WOLVES that are out there.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)